Thursday, January 22, 2015

Life with a beard, life without fear ...

I know ... a woman with a beard? No, it's not about my beard ( I do NOT have a beard), but it is about my fear.

Here's the handsome man and his manly man beard ...

Honestly, this man grows amazing beards each year. But, in past years I was always "afraid" of what other people might think about us when he let his beard get full. I didn't stop to think, "Do I like it?" or "Does he like it?" or anything like that. Seriously, I just let fear of what others thought take over and I cringed because people might comment.

Well, this year has been vastly different. My husband is a manly man and he grew a manly man's beard. I embraced it, as I embrace him ... WHOLEHEARTEDLY!

You know what? A LOT of people DID comment on the beard. They LOVE it. And, I laughed at myself for my fear all these years. After all, what does it matter what other people think about his beard? It's HIS beard, HE likes it, I like it, and that's enough. Plus, in cold winter weather it keeps his cute face warm!

So, yes, this is an odd odd post, but there's a reason. Do you love your spouse? Do you support them wholeheartedly? Do they know this? Do others know this? He supported me and Liz and Shoshi when we got red streaks put in our hair for a fun memory. He supports me in my art/craft business. He believes in me as a teacher, mother, doula, friend, wife... I owe it to him to return the favor. He is an amazing amazing man who's stuck behind us through thick and thin!

I've been happier when I quit being afraid of others and instead focused on the love I had for my husband. Plus, it's not every man that can grow a beard this awesome. Just sayin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment